Monday, October 20, 2008
Trying to do the right thing.....
For the past week, I have been STUCK with this voice inside of me, that was really hard for me to ignore. And finally, after discovering that my husband has taken a pay cut and hearing of company lay-offs due to this economy crisis, has left me without a choice to step up my game and prioritize my time to prepare for the worst in case, God forbid, my husband loses his job. So, today I had to face the facts and listen to this voice, to let go of some of my creative teams which was difficult, but in doing so I hope to focus on finishing up my graphic design program and if I have to, work part-time evenings and/or weekends. I definitely loved working with Fee Jardine and Julie Billingsley, both @ SSD. Julie was the one designer who took a chance on me and introduced me to SSD and all the lovely people there. Fee, will always be my favorite when it comes to handrawn doodles and alphas. Both these ladies were such a wonderful source of inspiration to me and has played such a big part in my journey as a scrapper. So, even though I was sad to leave, I know I have to do what I have to do that's best for me and my family.... Hopefully, when this economy crisis is finally over and I'm done with school, then maybe I'll have more time to join other teams, but for now four is enough. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been thinking about you. I know how hard and also how freeing it is to leave CT's. When I had to downsize it was such a difficult descision but it gave me more time with my family and other things that really needed my attention and so it was the best thing I could have ever done. I wish someone would have told me when I started applying to teams that 7 is way to much LOL. Lesson learned!
I wish you the best in the coming descisions you are making and things you will be doing. I will be checking here often for updates with you.
God Bless
Post a Comment