Reflecting on this past week, I find myself bewildered at how unexpected circumstances came in a way to teach me something that for a long time I've been wanting to understand for the longest time. I know this concept has been taught in many different forms or ways, but after my traumatic experience in the hospital, I finally get it--I need to learn to love myself if I want to take better care of me.
Loving ourselves is not easy and it takes some work. We always find it easy to focus on our weaknesses, but never our strengths. When I look in the mirror, I'd always spot all the imperfections, but find it hard to look at myself with confidence and pride that what I see is what God created and in His eyes, I'm a beautiful masterpiece. Not only do I need to love what I see on the outside, but I need to also love what is in the inside--mind, body, and soul. I've struggled with this for as long as I can remember and all of sudden, it just hit me. I love to be there for others and putting them first, but didn't realize how much I've been neglecting my own needs. But, after my recent emergency experience, I'm determined to take better care of my body, take better consideration of what I can't and cannot do because I know I can't do it all, and I hope to try my best to speak positively about myself and keep my mind on things that will keep me motivated to do better and be a better person.
Well, that is my life lesson that I wanted to share with you today! Hope it makes sense to all you hardworking moms out there and may it encourage you to learn to love who you are, not just for the things you do. :)
Anyways, I have some exciting news to share~ready??? If you've read one of my previous posts about a layout I've done @ Little Dreamer Designs being featured on their blog as Dreamer Showcase, then this will be not so much a surprise to you. However, I'm still finding this extremely hard to believe. A few days ago, Michelle Coleman--owner/designer/visionary--of Little Dreamer Designs emailed me an invitation to become a DREAM GIRL!!! Being that I've never been asked to join a CT especially to one that belongs to such a fabulous group of designers, was a huge shock because like I was speaking of earlier, I just felt I could never be as good as those around me. But hey, maybe after the "love yourself" revelation I had, maybe it supernaturally opened those doors to the desires of my heart?!! LOL! ya never know, huh?
So, I don't have a clue if they have asked a bunch of other ladies to join in and if this will be announced on their blog, but either way it doesn't matter to me because I'm just so honored to be a part of LDD! Hold on, wait a minute though, I'm still a committed member to Faith Sisters and will still be very involved with my family there. Without FS, I believe I wouldn't be where I am now so, don't forget to visit me there as well!
In conclusion, I will leave you with this note--BELIEVE in yourself because God BELIEVES in you and will fulfill the purposes for your life! There is no limits to what God can do and if you have dreams, He is going make them come true...
Here are a few layouts I forgot to post! Thanks for looking! You can click on the image for credits...



2 comments:
How Awesome !! Congrats!!
Dahlia! You are truly amazing and I am so glad that you had the revelation to Love yourself! You are beautiful, talented and always uplifting. Congrats on your Dream Girl accomplishment! You rock!:)
Post a Comment