Thursday, June 7, 2007

Where was I?

I haven't blogged for a week! But, now I'm back and definitely have some stuff to write about. But, first let me share what I was busy doing the last few days. My friend, Miriam, (hi Mir!! yes, I thought I'd share my experience with everyone. hope ya don't mind) asked me to help her with making programs and menus for a graduation dinner being held for her work. So, of course I was willing to help her because there's nothing I wouldn't do for a friend. Besides, this is my thing and I love what I do. Anyways, it was simple but, elegant like she requested and I love the color she picked out for the paper cardstock...after spending an hour deciding which BLUE to pick. LOL! Oh, and special thanks to my beautiful cousin--JOYJOY--who waited for us to decide so she can close the store and not to mention helping us with the paper selections. So, after tweaking and revising the programs and finally printing, cutting, punching, tieing ribbon and all, it all came together nicely and on time. I had two days to finish! Yet, there were some obstacles as always whenever I begin a project....JOSIAH got sick with a fever and a horrible, ucky, cough. I now realize, working from home IS great because I can still be home with the kids when they're sick and not have to drive across town to pick them up and take them home. Love it! No time wasted, no gas wasted, and no money on gas wasted. All I have to do, is keep them nice and comfortable, plug in a good DVD like The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Happy Feet, or Cars and work on my laptop, in my pajamas, with a nice hot cup of joe. And on top of that, I can bake cookies and enjoy them without all my coworkers snatching them all or my boss hovering over my shoulder to make sure I'm getting work done. But, I do have this little cookie monster, Josiah, who loves to take one bite out of each cookie and not finish it so he can take another bite of the next and the next leaving me a heap of half moon chocolate chip cookies. What's fun about it though is he and I love to dip our cookies in milk the old fashioned way and make funny milk moustaches. Speaking of cookies, that sounds good right about now, I think I'll go make some. Cookies anyone? Before I go, take a look at the programs/menus I made for the residency graduation dinner for Miriam's department of Radiation Oncology @ UCSF.


No comments: