Saturday, September 22, 2007

CT call for FAITHSISTERS.COM...check them out!

For the past month, I've been constantly checking DST and JustDigitalCalls.com for CT and DT calls, mostly just browsing and seeing what's out there. Everytime I find one that I feel interested in, I get excited and think "maybe this is it" or "maybe I'll apply and see what happens" but, its the "maybe" that gets in the way of it all. That word "maybe" seems to control my actions causing me to doubt the possibility of me ever being selected. I've been taught in God's word that our words have power and we can choose to speak life or death into our midst and whatever it is we have spoken can manifest into reality. Our words can change our mindset and mislead us to think the opposite of what God thinks of us. So, everday I make the extra effort to speak words that will encourage and not tear down, words of kindness and hope that will strengthen and not weaken my faith, not only in HIM, but in myself.

So, after that realization that I needed to stop doubting myself and stop comparing myself amongst others, I decided to take that step of faith and applied for the CT call at FaithSisters.com. Whether I get selected or not, I know that I didn't give in to that "maybe" that was trying to keep me from believing in myself and believing that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!".

Anyways, if you haven't heard of FaithSisters before, you should definitely visit their site. It's so awesome that this group of ladies created a place where not only you can participate in inspirational challenges, be inspired so much creativity, but also meet people from everywhere who believe in the Lord and just want to be a blessing to each other. I strongly believe that their community will grow rapidly and I'm sure it will be a great success.

Their CT call ends on Sept. 28th and they should be announcing their members on Oct. 1st. I know whoever does get selected will be truly blessed and even if I don't get in, I'm going to suppport this community all the way!

2 comments:

Yin said...

Hi Dahlia ,

Yes I saw the call at Faithsisters.com too, I didn't apply as I'm already on one team and can't commit to another, but yes, they are doing a wonderful thing there and I will probably check in often. Saw your layouts in their gallery too! By the way I love the layout of your and your dahlias, wow!
you take care now, God will never fail to provide our needs.. I learnt that when I was struggling with decision to quit my job some years ago too. Now He has blessed me with a part time job that I go to when my boys are in school.
And yes, digiscrapping may be an option you should develop! I was designing for nearly a year so if you want to know some of my experiences just let me know. Hugs

Anonymous said...

hi dahlia! this is my first visit to your site and i already love it here!

good luck on your application for the CT. ;)
I hope to get to know more of you through your blog, and pick up your freebies too, hehe :)

hugs!