"Father, in Jesus Name, I confess that I'm lost without You and need Your forgiveness. Thank you for laying down your life for me on the cross and setting me free. Lord, come into my heart and cleanse me from all of my sins. Make me a new person and show me the right way. I pray that each day, you will continue to draw me closer to You that I may know You more and more. Give me strength to live a victorious life and help me to forgive others just as You have forgiven me. Thank you Lord for my gift of eternal life. I love you, Lord. In Jesus Name....Amen...."
What do you do now? Well, I suggest that you find a good bible-based church home where you can continue to build your faith, be strengthened in the Word of God, and also meet other folks just like you who have been changed by the grace of God and will be there to encourage and bless you in your walk with Christ. Remember, just because were Christians doesn't mean we live a perfect, stress-free, drama-free, problem-free life...Jesus told his disciples that we would face many troubles in life but, to not lose heart because HE has overcome them. Everyday will be a challenge and life will still have its storms, but one thing that is different is that we don't have to face it alone, because we have someone who is bigger and more powerful than our problems. He gives us wisdom, patience, and understanding to things that we wouldn't have otherwise. Our fears can be rest assured when we have the Lord by our side. Why does God allow these things to happen? Well, for one thing He knows the beginning from the end and one thing I've come to understand is that alot of the trials I've been through has molded and refined me to become a person much stronger, much wiser, more humble, more patient, more forgiving, and more grateful then I was years ago. Whenever I face a trial, I always say to myself, "Ok, what is God teaching me now?" Sometimes, He reveals things about our nature that need to be corrected, sometimes He uses us to reveal things to others, sometimes He tests our faith and draws us to depend on Him rather than ourselves or others, or sometimes all we could do is wait to figure it out one day. Overall, it teaches me to surrender my life to Him not just once but, on a daily basis because I can do nothing and am nothing without Him.
So much for a little sermon there, I didn't realize I started preaching! If you want to know what sparked me to blog this, is the video that I added to my blog under "My Testimony". When I first watched it (on FaithSisters.com in the Faith Forum) I was completely balling my eyes out. The skit was so powerful and it really moved me because it really reflected what had happened to me. And how I've returned to my FIRST LOVE. Please take time to watch it and maybe you'll understand.
Well my friends, I'm trying to keep my eyelids open but, want to share a few layouts that I completed this week. I'm beginning to love scrapbooking as a result of a challenge. My first official layout done as a result of a challenge is from FaithSisters.com is the one of my sisters and I - "True Friendship". This is the current challenge going on over there but, I think I'm going to do more and catch up with the previous ones. I really love how challenges motivate you to get scrappin' and also gives you topics that you probably would've never thought of. The other two layouts are of my adorable hubby and I - one was an engagement photo and the other was on our wedding day.
Oh, one more thing--my Bittersweet PP, Wild Tropics PP, Rise Up PP, and Harvest PP Pt1, all have reach over a 1000 downloads!! Woohoo! Wow, that is more than I expected and it really encourages me that people actually like my designs. I've also developed a few friendships that I found to be such a blessing. I hope to design sometime soon as I complete the end of my homework session. So be on the lookout since I've been working hard and learning so many cool techniques in the digi design world. As always, THANK YOU for visiting and taking time to read my blog. Hope you are blessed and know that God loves you!
Here are my layouts this week!
True Friendship

Find credits here.
Created 4 Me
Lifetime Journey
Find Credits here.

2 comments:
Hey Dahila :) great layouts!
About your tag on my blog, it's ok. we all make mistakes, hehe :)
I am inspired by your faith and relationship with the Lord.
thank you for taking the time and having the courage to share, Dahlia! I know the Lord will bless your efforts greatly. I know the Lord for 25 years now, and sometimes get distracted, but yes, He is, and I want to keep him as my first love. Thank you for the reminder. You probably won't know how far the seeds you're planting will grow, but many will be blessed. Thank you!
And wow layouts! I should really dig out my weddings, scan them and scrap them. :)
Congrats on making faithsisters too!!
BTW, are you on DST? My ID is yin and if you can pm me, I'll pm you back. I feel more comfortable sharing about my designing in private space :)
Post a Comment