I've been playing catch up with homework and hopefully will be done with Illustrator Basics and Color Theory soon. I love learning and being able to take my skills further with each lesson. The creative possibilities are endless with Illustrator. I love Photoshop too but, when it comes to creating art, Illustrator rocks! Whenever I would marvel at a designer's creation, I always sat there and wondered, "How did they do that?". Swirls and flourishes are so in right now and I was so eager to know how to create them. Finally, I actually learned how!! I searched all over the internet for Photoshop or Illustrator tutorials and found only a few but, not exactly the swirls I was looking for. Then one day, while finishing up my assignment, I suddenly understood what to do. Let me tell ya, I was crazy happy.
Okay, so I finally decided to work Saturdays at my local craft store. I used to work there before I got married and always kept in touch with my manager. The moment he found out I was looking to work, he kindly offered me the job and welcomed me back without hesitation. It's only one day a week but, it will help our financial situation a little. I'm really glad with this decision instead of working night shift after my husband comes home from his day job. I know God directed me to do what is best. This store is also where I began my love for scrapbooking and all kinds of other crafts. I know I'll enjoy being in a place that will be full of inspiration and creative ideas. In the meantime, I hope to keep my life balanced with family, church, school, and of course designing. In response to my previous post, I have been greatly blessed by so many wonderful people who took time to share their experiences with me. I can't say how thankful I really am. Someone also thought I might be interested in an "interesting business opportunity" and said a friend would be contacting me. I still haven't heard from her but, it was nice to know that someone was thoughtful enough to try to help. Thank you Krista. If it were up to me, I would love to be a designer for a digital scrapbooking store. I know that I still have much to learn but, I do know that I'm passionate about designing and scrapbooking and someday would love to have my own store!! I have a vision and I intend to keep dreaming and believing for that vision to come true. Only God knows how much I love being creative and using my creativity to inspire and bless others.
I have a new LO to share with you, but before I do, here are my finished assignments in Illustrator.
Okay, so I finally decided to work Saturdays at my local craft store. I used to work there before I got married and always kept in touch with my manager. The moment he found out I was looking to work, he kindly offered me the job and welcomed me back without hesitation. It's only one day a week but, it will help our financial situation a little. I'm really glad with this decision instead of working night shift after my husband comes home from his day job. I know God directed me to do what is best. This store is also where I began my love for scrapbooking and all kinds of other crafts. I know I'll enjoy being in a place that will be full of inspiration and creative ideas. In the meantime, I hope to keep my life balanced with family, church, school, and of course designing. In response to my previous post, I have been greatly blessed by so many wonderful people who took time to share their experiences with me. I can't say how thankful I really am. Someone also thought I might be interested in an "interesting business opportunity" and said a friend would be contacting me. I still haven't heard from her but, it was nice to know that someone was thoughtful enough to try to help. Thank you Krista. If it were up to me, I would love to be a designer for a digital scrapbooking store. I know that I still have much to learn but, I do know that I'm passionate about designing and scrapbooking and someday would love to have my own store!! I have a vision and I intend to keep dreaming and believing for that vision to come true. Only God knows how much I love being creative and using my creativity to inspire and bless others.
I have a new LO to share with you, but before I do, here are my finished assignments in Illustrator.
Petting Zoo Postcard

Energy Drink Bus 
My Dahlia Garden

Get credits here.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the job. It is nice when you find something that you love doing. Your layout assignments are awesome. Thanks for letting us take a look at them.
very colorful layout, love it. :) and the energy bus.... galing! :)
Post a Comment