The Incredible Sisters
Meet my sisters -- the 3 D's -- Daisy, Dahlia, and Desma. That's me on the far left. I don't know why I decided to post this at 3 minutes past midnight but, there's been this constant reminder that's been in my heart that no matter what, don't forget the importance of family. The value of family these days are taken for granted and not many people out there really understand how we need our families to thrive in this world. Not only do I cherish my husband and children but, I cherish my parents, grandparents, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunties, and uncles. In my culture, you'll find that filipinos have BIG families that go all the way to 3rd and 4th generations. Since I could remember, anytime we gathered for a special occasion, I would be amazed that there was so many of us and would wonder how would it be like if it were not so. What if it was just me, my husband, and my kids? NOT to say that they don't complete me, but I think of every single one of my relatives and they each hold a special part in my life that has made me who I am. Without them, I probably would be less forgiving, less understanding, less wise, less LOVED. Whether or not, my relationships with them are close, the thought of losing them would be like a thread being pulled out from the tapestry of my very being. I thank God for my family, from those who are no longer here with us to those who are. I just hope that I've been a blessing to them as they have to me. That although, seasons change and time passes quickly between us, I have always kept them in my prayers, in my thoughts, and in my heart. Because I know as we grow older, our lives get busier, our families get bigger, and the distance gets further... and we tend to lose touch. That is when I stop and I listen to that voice in my heart, "remember your family". so, that is what I will try to do no matter how hectic and chaotic my life can be. I will try my best to be at every family party and choose to make the sacrifices to help them with anything they need done...like cook, or decorate, or make invitations. I will make my family a priority over work and personal leisure (although I do need to make time for myself once in a while). I will learn to forgive others as well as forgive myself. I will love unconditionally and mercifully as Christ has loved me. I will always try to see the good in others despite their weaknesses and faults. I will take time to kneel down and pray for my family because I believe in the power of prayer. I will last but, not least tell them as much as I can, when I can, and in any way possible, that I love them. I don't want to ever regret not ever being able to let them know if God forbid something should happen to them. Love conquers evil. Love covers a multitude of sins. Love heals. Well....it is almost 1 AM. My husband is asleep on the couch waiting for me. He worked in our garden for 6 hours straight trying to create that special place for us to relax and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. He is truly a master in the art of gardening. I am so proud of him and can't imagine not ever marrying this man I love. He says, "Honey, watch this summer and fall will be beautiful." I can only imagine.... Well, I better go and say goodnight. Today was National Scrapbooking Day and I didn't get to shop for sales because I was in Hercules celebrating my niece Akaela's 6th Birthday!!! She has grown so big and so wonderfully smart, not to mention extremely beautiful!! I will post pictures of her asap but, for now I better go! night, night, and God Bless!!Josiah, Arielle, Lukie, and Akaela
.jpg)
Me and My Love
No comments:
Post a Comment