Thursday, May 10, 2007

In Loving Memory

Rev. Ed Stewart

I was going to post a LO I did in honor of my late mother and I also was working on a freebie kit to post tomorrow but, I received news that my dear Pastor has gone on to be with the Lord today. He was such an amazing Pastor who has done so much for me and my family. Alot of his time was invested in us, believing in us, praying for us, just being that spiritual Father that never gave up on us. I know it's all God's perfect timing and it may be our loss but, it's his gain because he is now at a better place, no longer suffering all the pain and sickness. I will never forget his strong will to preach up at the pulpit regardless of all the chemos and radiaton therapies, surgeries, and countless emergency situations he's faced battling for his life against colon cancer. He always managed to smile and greet everyone like he never felt more alive. Shock, is all I feel right now. So, I'm going to take some time off to just allow myself to grieve and let the healing process take place. Plus, I need to be strong for my husband who is taking it harder than me since he has been with this church way before we met. My DH shared a lot of memories with Pastor Stewart and has such utmost love and respect for him. Well, it's way past midnight and as much as I can't sleep, I know sleep is what I need right now. Goodnight and keep me, my family, and our church in your prayers. God bless....

No comments: