Tuesday, September 4, 2007

There's more to LIFE... {HARVEST} FREEBIE

Another summer has come and gone. Autumn is upon us and soon winter will be here before we know it. I'm sure I'm not the only one but, the holiday season is my favorite time of the year and everytime it comes around, I get so anxious and excited when we get together with family. Reminded of the importance of family and how precious we all are to one another, I reflect on the little details of how much they all mean to me. How they've been a part of my life in ways they probably least expect themselves to be. So, this year I intend to let them know just how much they've touched my heart and life. I hope to make gift albums for certain people and show them just how special they are. Anyone care to do the same? I have so many album kits that are sitting on my hard drive just waiting to be created and printed out. Oh, what fun it will be!

By the way, regarding my last post about deciding whether I should go back to work, God has been so gracious and his wisdom and understanding has surpassed my own. At the time, I was so anxious and so concerned about it that I was ready to do things my own way and could have made careless and hasty decisions that would have led me to even greater consequences. But, I knew I had to pray and wait, wait for an answer, wait for a confirmation, wait for a revelation that will make better sense. See, sometimes we get so frantic and we panic about our circumstances that we want to do something about it right then and now. We'll even go to the extreme and find ourselves over our heads about something that is totally against what we would normally do or isn't practical. Then we end up in the wrong place and in a greater mess then what we first started out. Remembering God's words has kept me from making those mistakes. Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious in anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ." Well, I did wait and I let the situation settle as I continued to pray about it then soon I begant o feel peace within that God is in control. A week later, things started happening and suddenly opportunities began to arise for my husband and for myself. I also realized that I needed to evaluate our expenses, find ways to cut back on spending, and ideas just started to flow on ways to earn income while staying home with my kids. Also, there were so many things that I didn't notice before that were in front of me all along. It just suddenlty all made sense! And if I hadn't waited on God for His wisdom and understanding, I probably wouldn't be so at peace with the direction I'm taking now and most importantly I wouldn't of seen my weaknesses and corrected them. God is Good!!

One of my ideas that I've always dreamed and thought about for so long became more and more evident to me. God gave me a gift and talents that aren't just for fun and play but, to use these gifts and talents to establish a career that I can enjoy while making income. I know all of would rather work doing something we love and are passionate about than to be stuck at a stressful, hard, dead-end job. We all want to feel like we're fullfilling our purpose and doing something that satisfies us physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally. I sat down and I wrote down ideas and it made me reflect on all the events in my past that led me to this passion of scrapbooking. Then a lightbulb came on! Why not make custom scrapbooks for others? Why not help others preserve their memories? I'm sure there are so many out there who don't have the time or just don't know how to make their own scrapbooks but, would love to preserve all those memories they have stored in a box or in a non-archival album. Notice up above, the words "others" were highlighted. Because I want to stress that not only is it a business I would love to do but, it's also going to help and touch other lives which makes this even more meaningful to me. I know this will take time and alot of research to get it started but, I feel strongly about this as if this is my calling and my purpose which is the beginning to something wonderful--a journey for me is about to begin. I know there are so many who already do this for a living and it has inspired me to pursue it for myself. God knew this was part of His plan because of where He has brought from in the past from all the job experiences working at a craft store, to working as a Creative Memories consultant, to taking Graphic Design classes, to knowing how to paper and digitally scrapbook, just endless situations of why this all makes sense to me now. All in His timing....

Thanks for reading this far and sharing in my journey called LIFE! I do have a gift for you and hope you like this one. It's full of rich colors that remind me of Autumn and the special holidays associated with it. There's a Part 1 and a Part 2 to make it easier to download. I'm still learning how to create my own elements but, papers are all I could do for now. One day, I'll be giving away full kits when I feel more confident in designing elements. Without all the wonderful resources and talented designers out there willing to teach others, we'd all be lost in the digital world of scrapbooking. God bless them all! So here is the FREEBIE called "HARVEST" for my wonderful blog readers. Please do not share this gift but, you may send them to my blog for them to download. Thanks!


HARVEST PAPERS PART 1 & 2


Download Part 1 here.

Download Part 2 here. *This is no longer for free but, you can purchase this for$1.99 in my store at Faith Sisters. Thanks!*

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case my commments don't show up on the DL page, thank you for sharing your beautiful creations with us all!

Amy in MI

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these beautiful Harvest papers! You are so sweet to share them with us.

I agree totally with what you said about waiting on the Lord. I find myself running ahead of Him too often! But He is always faithful!

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL FREEBIE.I ALSO LOVE YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC. AMAZING LOVE WAS SUCH A BLESSING TO ME. BY THE WAY,YOU TWO ARE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE. GOD BLESS---DOT KIKER

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this BEAUTIFUL kit with us. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty papers--love the colors, and the patterns are beautiful.

Joy said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful papers.. and I just wanted to tell you that I love to come to your blog and read what you have to say... you are so much wiser than I was at your age.. it is such a pleasure to see that.

Joy

Kyky said...

thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Scripture and love these papers! Thank you very much! God bless! :)

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this- thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it awesome when we wait on God and see Him unfold exactly what He wants for us and our lives? You are truly an example of Godly wisdom and I will pray that God will continue to lead and guide you in the way He wants you to go. You are such a blessing to fellow believers in Christ! God bless you!

Sabine said...

Great colors, perfect for some future Halloween pages :)

Scrapmuch said...

these papers are beautiful - thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Lovely papers!! thank you for sharing with everyone :)

Krista said...

I'm sending a friend of mine your blog to read. I think she could really have an interesting opportunity for you to do AS WELL as the scrapbooks for others. It too would be rewarding (helping others) and a good financial boost. Best wishes!
PS- Her name is Kasey

Anonymous said...

Oops, I nearly did a snag and go, so I had to come back to remedy it. These papers are lovely. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your decision, i am sure it will be perfect for you, You are so talented. Thank you for sharing your time and talent. xxxxx -mo- in the west of Ireland

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, thanks!

Lunasea said...

beautiful! thanks!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for these gorgeous BG's!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your entry, thanks for the inspiration and reminder that patience is a virtue!

Yin said...

dear Dahlia, you're so right, changes are unsettling, but God always has us in His Plans. I too went thru much struggle in this area of work vs home few years ago, by my own struggling nothing came of it, but when I was finally able to let go, and let God, He provided me with a fantastic part time job that met all our needs. Thru those years before of learning to cut down expenses and live simply, we now enjoy great contentment and yet blessed with enough for all we ever need. Praise be to God!

Anonymous said...

I think making scrapbooks for other is a wonderful idea. I am sure you will get great satisfaction from doing that work, and you will be able to satisfy your creative self also. Best of luck with that.
These beautiful, richly colored papers will be wonderful to scrap with. Thank you for this very nice gift!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these beautiful papers. God Bless.

Inma said...

It's nice that you have found a way forward and looks a good idea. :)

Thanks so much for the paper pack it's really wonderful. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Anonymous said...

Your papers are so rich in detail. Thank you so much for sharing them so freely. It's much appreciated!

Gabby said...

Thank you for the beautiful freebie! I especially love the one with the branches and flowers. I too agree with waiting for what God has planned for you -- at the end of May I lost my job and at the beginning of July I was offered a position in my field, with a known company, making decent money, with great time off. But I guess it was because of the seeming prestige and their flattery, that even though I didn't think it was quite felt right, I took the job. For 2 1/2 weeks I was miserable. I could do the job, it was just everything and everyone else around me. So, I quit. It is now September and I haven't found anything. I know God has a plan. We just have to be patient. Thanks again!

LovelyMissKait said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful paper pack.
Things are tough everywhere. In 2001 I had my daughter and I still worked. When my son came along a year later, I quit my job and became a stay at home mom. It has been 5 years and the kids are starting school full time. It is scary because I no longer have marketable skills. By staying home, I saw my kids grow up. But I did give up every luxury. Gone were the vacations, the expensive toys, the restaurants and everything else you can think off. I have the bare essentials and the kids are happy. Just hang in there...when it is right, you will know it.

fl_connie said...

Thank you for these beautiful harvest papers! You are very talented and I thank you for sharing.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Dahlia -

Wow, we have a LOT in common, but the best thing is our faith. Thanks for both sharing your story, your journey and your talents. I hope you come visit my blog too, sometime and perhaps we can chat sometime?

Barb

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi AGAIN Dahlia

I did not see an email for you on your blog, so I'm just letting you know, if you use HELLO (chat program) feel free to add me as a user, my username is lalalime

Thanks for your visit & comments!

Anonymous said...

My first visit to your blog. It's lovely. and many thanks for the gorgeous Autumn freebie, much appreciated. x

Unknown said...

A wonderful, well thought decision. I ran into a prior co-worker of my husband's about 5 years ago who started her own business making scrapbooks for people. She was so much more relaxed and at peace. Congratulations on your endevours and look forward to hearing all about it.

Your papers are truly lovely and I thank you for sharing them so selflessly.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad to see you back, and with such resolve. Your post is inspirational, and your design gifts are wonderful. Thank you for BOTH!
Best wishes, always.
Ila

Anonymous said...

these colors are so strong, they would look fab on any layout. thank you for your generosity! you will continue to be blessed, I;m sure.

Anonymous said...

My whole life has been a struggle with heartaches, pain & troubles, but the last year or two my health has really crashed, as well as almost everything you can imagine. I sat in the hospital Easter Sunday morning waiting my turn. I wept non stop, wondering about my health and those I could be leaving behind, and I thought my heart would break! I finally realized the only thing I could do was - nothing! At that moment I finally fully surrendered my all to Jesus, and the peace that flooded my soul was incredible. I have watched Him work since, and I am in such awe...I am still sick, but that's OK, the price I had to pay to finally allow Him in, and have His precious control of me is worth every pain in the middle of the night, every tear - and as long as you do let Him lead, you can't fail! God is SO good!! And, thank you so much for these GORGEOUS papers, I am SO grateful for your gift! God Bless!!