Sunday, July 8, 2007

Catching up with school

There's so much homework I need to catch up on! I just finished my second lesson in Illustrator Basics and I don't know if I'll get a perfect score this time. I just don't feel completely satisfied with the final outcome but, it was a lot of fun practicing and learning the tools. I'm going to share my work with you but, please don't laugh! My assignment was to make two CD covers for "West Coast Jazz" and "New In Blue". Each one had to be unique but, share similar elements so that they look part of a series. We were to create our images entirely by Illustrator and try not to use any pixel based images but, if we did it could only take up 25% of the entire cover design. It gave me the opportunity to play around with my Wacom tablet and get used to the feel of it. So this is what they look like....
I should be getting my grade within the next day or two so, we'll just have to wait and see!
I'm working on a new freebie which I should be able to get out to you this week. I'm so blessed to hear all the kind words and encouragement from those who left me comments. One had asked me to maybe think about writing a tutorial about how I created these papers which I would love to do but, I'm not sure how to do that yet. I eventually will learn and most definitely would love to be a resource to the digi scrapping community. In the meantime, there are so many valuable resources out there that can help you get started. The places that I found that were very helpful to me was Digital Scrapbook Place, Scrapbook- Bytes, Two Peas In a Bucket, and Sprague Lab, just to name a few. However, the real answer to how to learn a program is to just play around with it and go to its Help menu and start from there. Most designers who create such beautiful designs are self-taught and didn't have any educational or professional backgrounds which I wish I could have done but, for me I chose to pursue formal training. I'm the type that needs some sort of structure in order for me to really learn something. Otherwise, I wouldn't have the motivation to take time to sit and try to figure it all out on my own. That's just me. Whatever you prefer is all up to you. I believe that everyone has creativity in them and if you really want to learn how to create and design, all you really need to have is PASSION within you to do what you love.
Hope everyone has a safe, blessed, and wonderful week! Be back later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi can you tell me how to get these curves you have at the bottom of the papers the S shapes in ILL. I have been working for two weeks trying to get lines like that.

BTW i love your papers!!! Look for tons of traffic from my site DigiScrapDepot.com. I would like to hear your statistics from the traffic you get at the end of the month.

Vicky

Anonymous said...

Hey girl.. this is the freebie im talking about with the S shape. thx.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your cd covers caught my attention, really like the series-feel while they're both reflective of the titles. Super job!