Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth of July and a FREEBIE!

Beware! This will be a long post....

Hi everyone! Tomorrow is July 4th and I have to get up early and clean house because we're having our yearly Fourth of July gathering. This year will be a little different since it falls in the middle of the week and also because it probably won't be the usual big group of people as we had in the past. However, it will be small and intimate with close friends and family. For the most part, I look forward to seeing the look on Josiah's face when he sees all the fireworks. Last year, he was so fascinated by the noise and the lights that he would not stop talking about it for weeks and weeks after. It will be Lukie's first time to experience such an exciting event and I don't know how he'll react but, I know one thing for sure is I'll probably end up being inside watching from our window. sigh....


Anyways, I had a good week last week but, my poor hubby did not. There seems to be a stomach flu virus lurking around and he had it really, really, really bad. My poor baby. So watch out people, wash those hands really well.

Aida C. and I finally reunited after so many years. She and I realized how much we've grown and despite all the time that has passed our friendship has not changed. That is one of the sweetest gifts to have - a friend that is always a friend in and out of season. Rob (my husband) and I were having a conversation about friendships one night. We reflected on all the friends we've had since youth and which ones are still considered our "close" friends. It turns out, that only a few still remained and those friendships that we thought would last forever have either disappeared or have turned to casual acquaintances. He always refers to the lessons he learns as a gardener when it comes to life issues. For example, I never knew what the difference between a PERENNIAL and an ANNUAL flower was until now. For those who don't know, a 'perennial' is a plant that is recurrent or everlasting and will continue to grow but, the 'annual' are plants that will only grow once for one season and then die. And it really made sense how it relates to friendships. Miriam G. came over for dinner and came to the same topic about friendships and because she has such a gift of communicating and has a very articulate way of expressing her words, she really hit home and gave me some valuable insight about friends. Her perspective is that sometimes friends are there for that specific time for a reason but, then things change not necessarily because of something bad but, because of the different directions that life leads us. People change and that's life. Yet, there are some friends that are God-given partners who will stand the test of time with you and no matter what you go through together, nothing can separate you, not even time itself. There are only a few people who has proven that to me and I am eternally grateful for them. I believe that one of the greatest gifts from God is a true friend. One who has seen me at my worst and seen me at my best yet still loves me for who I am. When I think of what a true friend should be like, I can't think of anyone other than my Lord and Savior, Jesus. Because He still loved me even when I did wrong and He brought me back to this place where I could be free from all the things that held me down. Because of Him, I'm so blessed to even be here and to even have the opportunity to be loved by my husband and two precious sons. Lord, thank you.

Okay...don't want to be over dramatic here! I do have some eye candy to share with you. I've been working hard to finish some scrapbook pages and finally got them done today! I also have a FREEBIE!!!! Yes, I know. It's about time lady! Well, I don't even know if anyone will even use them but, I sure hope someone will care enough to grab them and create something with it. Please comment me if you do and maybe it'll give me the confidence to keep trying and creating more freebies. Special thanks to Chickypow Designs for giving me words of encouragement to give it a try. Anyways, check out my layouts first and then scroll down for the freebie! Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! God bless!!!!

In Your Eyes

Credits: Papers, flower, labels, ribbon, stitch,and buttons-Welcoming Spring Kit by Weeds & Wildflowers; Stapled Tag - Linda Billdal; Stamped Alpha - Michelle Coleman; Paper tear template - Traci Sims;
Fonts - Agency, Rage Italic
Journaling says:
"There was a time in my life when I didn’t believe in true love. But,the moment you looked into my eyes, I already knew that what we had was meant to last forever. I remember that still voice in my heart saying,“You’re purpose is to love each other,so other purposes will be fulfilled.” And because of our love we have witnessed so many miracles. You have made me the happiest woman alive and I can’t even express how blessed I feel to have married you. Being married to you is one of the most precious gifts God has given me. You are my husband, my best friend, and the greatest father to our beautiful children. I LOVE YOU...."

Dada - Our Father, friend, and hero



Credits: Papers - J'adore Kit by Michelle Coleman; Chipboard Alpha and Brackets- Leah Nicole; Corner chipboard and Scribbled alpha - IMadeThisToday; Brown label - Jackie Eckles; Stapled Tag - Linda Billdal; Stitches - Tracy B; Fonts - Kunslter Script, SF Grandezza, 8514oem
Journaling says:
Even though you tell us all the time that you love us, you prove how much by your actions. We know you work hard so that you can support our family while Mommy can stay home to take care of us. You teach us how to love and respect one another and how important it is to cherish our family. Loving the Lord is one of the greatest lessons you have taught us and that if we put Him first, then all our needs will be taken care of. Thank you for always taking the time to be a part of our lives and showing us that not only are you our Dad but, you are our friend too. We look forward to all the years of of wonderful memories that we hope to create with you...We love you, Daddy!

Introducing my very FIRST FREEBIE!!!

*this link has changed, please use link on 7/5/07 post*

You can download this here.
7 colorful grungy polka dot papers in 300 ppi res. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cute papers! I love polka dots! (look at 4-shared for other comments..) Leavin' some love, and keep up the great work!

Brenda

JillSF said...

These are very sweet. You chose beautiful colours for them. Thank you.
PS no download problems

Anonymous said...

Your very first freebie is very nicely done! Love the texturing, the dots, and the colors. Thanks for sharing!