Saturday, July 7, 2007

Dreaming of paradise and another FREEBIE

Do you ever close your eyes to picture you on an island of beautiful imagery everywhere, feeling the warmth of the sun, and smelling the sweet smell of flowers in the breeze? I do, all the time. For several years in the past, I made yearly trips to Hawaii to visit family and also to get away from the busy life. But, long gone are those days and all I could is just dream about it. So, that's why I created these papers and perhaps it would take some of you back to that place where summer days were spent in the tropical sun. Scroll down to see the preview and download link.


Our Fourth of July celebration was our usual annual gathering of close family and friends. This year was my youngest son's first time to see the display of amazing fireworks. To my surprise, he loved it and didn't cry at all despite all of the loud sounds. The photos that my husband took weren't quite as amazing since our Canon SLR doesn't have a good flash attachment. So, they were pretty dim and blurry. I guess we'll try again next year. But, our good friend Josh, the other camera guru, took some pretty good shots and you could check out his album here. I'm not sure but, you might need to have a Snapfish account or create a free one. The one thing I did enjoy this year was the view from our back deck which we did not have a year ago. This year we cut down all the trees that blocked the gorgeous view of the Montara mountains and the valley below. I just couldn't help myself but get chills just seeing all the firework shows that were going on in all directions. Too bad, I couldn't take photos of it because everytime I tried, I had the worst timing and all that came out was just a black photo.


Okay, 9 nine days and counting until we leave to SEATTLE! I'm so excited and will be sure to take photos of our vacation. This year, we're bringing our kids and my sister Daisy with us. I'm sure it'll be a blast celebrating my birthday with them. I took some photos of my last trip to Seattle with just my husband and I so if you want to check those out, just click on the link "Yahoo Photos" on the left.


Well, here is the freebie for all you fabulous scrappers out there! I enjoy sharing them with you and love hearing comments because I know that I'm blessing someone with the creativity that God has given me. But, be sure to read and respect my Terms of Use. Don't be a pirate and what I usually would say to my kids, "Do unto others, as you would do unto you."



Download Wild Tropics papers here.



26 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello Dahlia!

thanks for these wonderful papers, love the texture!
I found your blog on phillsboo�s freebie list, and really loved your LOs, the one with your husband is just perfect, the picture, the colors, the text....so much love!

thanks a lot for sharing your creations, they are really beautiful!
cheers from Brasil!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Beautiful papers, Love the bright colors. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.
GingerL~~~

Maria said...

Thank you for the lovely freebie! Your post has been added to the list of freebies at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great colours, great patterns - thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Your color palette for your Wild Tropics paper is gorgeous! I love the bright colors, the design & texture. Thanks for sharing!

Janet said...

Beautiful colors and textures! Thanks.

Melberry said...

These are so stunning. What a treat! Thanks very much for sharing with us. Melanie http://mmdcreations.blogspot.com/

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for these beautiful BG's!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, these are just absolutely gorgeous! I would love to know how to make something such as these. I checked out the online school you have linked though it is out of my reach. If you ever think about writing your own tutorial, I would be MOST appreciative. The Lord continue to bless you!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome paper pack!!! The colors are so bright and fun. Thank you so much for sharing!

bekalab (digishoptalk)

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Inma said...

Have a great time in your vacation if I cannot get here again before you leave. And take lots and lots of photos. :)

The papers are wonderful, thanks so much for sharing them. :)

Have a great week and best wishes. :O)

Anonymous said...

Your papers are sooo....Beautiful. Thank you.

hzgrace said...

Beautiful work. Thank you so much for sharing. I love the music you have chosen for your blog.... "Because of who You Are" Amen!!!!

Blessings
Glenda

AuntDoeDoe said...

Thanks.. and Chris Tomlin rocks!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your freebie...
If you want I've got some little freebie on my blog for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! These papers are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog this evening. Thanks so much for the lovely papers. Love the music on your sight!

Joanna said...

Great papers - thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

WoW! Stunning papers, and I 'spotted' the dots, too! lol. So, wanted to thank you profusely for your beautiful gifts!
Ila

Anonymous said...

Beautiful designs. Do advertise them for free at DigiScrapDepot.com I have 300 other designers there already. Please stop by!

Vicky Laursen
Administrator-Owner

cinmcw said...

Gorgeous colors and designs! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jenni said...

Awesome, can't wait to use these, thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome papers. TFS!

fl_connie said...

Gorgeous! Thank you!